What To Expect?
Your first session has two main goals:
1. Assess your present circumstances
We will take the first meeting to assess your current circumstances. While my areas of expertise may be consistent with your reasons for seeking support. we will need to address specific areas that are unique to you, and your current circumstances. From there, we will be able to better determine what types of services are right for you, what it will entail, and what it will look like for you in terms of fitting it into your day-to-day life. In addition, I may provide you with a series of actions to do outside of our sessions, such as practice a certain technique, or read a specific book/article, as it is important you take on an active role in your healing.
2. Build a relationship
Our first session will be more like a two way interview. I’ll get to know you, and you’ll get to know me. I will ask you questions to help me better understand your primary issues and concerns, as well as your history in terms of other events in your life, family, childhood, and career. However, you are welcome to ask questions too. In order for our partnership to be successful, it is imperative we establish a therapeutic relationship that is open and honest. In fact, it is the nature – and the quality – of our relationship that will determine the success of your overall therapeutic goals. As such, each therapeutic partnership will be unique, but certain values and themes are true for all sessions, and you can expect the following:
- You can expect to arrive in a safe, supportive, and confidential space.
- You can expect to be treated with compassion, respect, and understanding.
- You can expect to receive science-based, metaphysical and esoteric information to assist you in navigating your challenges more holistically.
- You can expect to be presented with someone who is available to both listen to your interpretation of what you are currently experiencing, and also challenge your interpretation when it supports your wellness goals .
- You can expect to receive intuitive and channeled awareness regarding specific strategies and techniques you can use to create positive changes in your life.
I look forward to getting to know you!
You can complete a consultation prior to scheduling your first session.
Is this confidential?
As a general rule, all therapeutic sessions are confidential and anything you discuss with me will remain between us, unless you request otherwise. This is as per protection rules by law, which all licensed therapist legally need to follow, and no information from the session can be disclosed without prior written consent from the client.
There are exceptions to this law however, and can require the disclosure of information from the session to legal authorities or appointed persons if any of the following are true:
- Suspicion of abuse to a child, dependent adult, or an elder, or are made aware of domestic abuse. These situations all require me to notify law authorities immediately.
- Suspicion that an individual has caused, or is threatening to cause severe bodily harm to another person, are required to be reported to the police.
- If an individual intends to harm himself or herself, or expressing plans for suicide. While I will attempt to work through this in the session, if it appears to be unresolved or if you are not cooperative, additional action may need to be taken to ensure your safety.